Daily Archives: January 5, 2012
today is my 30th birthday. it has basically been one big day of self-care, to the extreme.
- brunch with two dear friends who also happen to be my housemates
- thrifting at red, white, and blue (my fave thrift store) where i scored an amazing beaded dress and an out of control leather vest (pictures soon!)
- soaking at common ground. outdoor soaking pool and sauna. free on your birthday!
- pedicure date. we got the deluxe, which included a clay mask and a paraffin wrap for your feet. we also sat in the most amazing massage chairs.
- dinner with my three favorite fat bitches/witches. we were originally were going to go to sushi but the wait was too long. so we went to lebanese food instead. it was amazing!!
- got my nails did by my super talented friend, but then i didn’t let them dry long enough and they got a little messed up. oops!
- went dancing at Dirtbag! this super fun queer dance night my housemate puts on. it was such a blast and i danced more than i have in a long time. and i wore my new beaded dress! and it just felt so good to dance it out and celebrate starting this new stage of my life.
it was probably the best birthday i have ever had. i kind of wish every day could be this good, but i’d probably burn myself out. i do know that with prioritizing self-care a little bit every day i can hold onto this feeling, even if i can’t always be so extravagant.