self-care at the grocery store.
I bought the weirdest, most delicious mix of things:
- flank steak from the deli
- spinach mac and cheese
- coconut ginger tapioca pudding
- butter chicken and chicken vindaloo wraps for lunches this week
- half and half for my morning coffee
- pre-made fancy juices full of vitamin C
- a kalamata olive sourdough roll
- a chicken bahn mi sammy for my dinner
I probably shouldn’t go shopping after a full day of class and school, but it was necessary. Feeding myself well and cooking the food I want to be cooking is proving to be a bit difficult during my work week, so splurging on pre-made yumminess is sometimes what I have to do to stay sane.
And when I got home I made hot berry compote to spoon over vanilla ice cream. So good. So worth the sugar rush.