I went to the coast this past weekend to celebrate one of my very best friend’s birthdays. It was full of so much good food, laughter, games, relaxing, art-making, and joy. It felt so good to be there, loving each other, treating each other with care, sharing the experience.
One evening, I walked to the beach by myself to watch the end of the sunset.
Sent wishes off with the waves.
Breathed in the salty air.
And said thanks.
today is my 30th birthday. it has basically been one big day of self-care, to the extreme.
- brunch with two dear friends who also happen to be my housemates
- thrifting at red, white, and blue (my fave thrift store) where i scored an amazing beaded dress and an out of control leather vest (pictures soon!)
- soaking at common ground. outdoor soaking pool and sauna. free on your birthday!
- pedicure date. we got the deluxe, which included a clay mask and a paraffin wrap for your feet. we also sat in the most amazing massage chairs.
- dinner with my three favorite fat bitches/witches. we were originally were going to go to sushi but the wait was too long. so we went to lebanese food instead. it was amazing!!
- got my nails did by my super talented friend, but then i didn’t let them dry long enough and they got a little messed up. oops!
- went dancing at Dirtbag! this super fun queer dance night my housemate puts on. it was such a blast and i danced more than i have in a long time. and i wore my new beaded dress! and it just felt so good to dance it out and celebrate starting this new stage of my life.
it was probably the best birthday i have ever had. i kind of wish every day could be this good, but i’d probably burn myself out. i do know that with prioritizing self-care a little bit every day i can hold onto this feeling, even if i can’t always be so extravagant.
a couple little birthday gifts for myself.
two air plants and the best chocolate bar ever.
tomorrow is my 30th birthday. so ready to leave 29 behind.